For the first time in its history, IFWTWA has had an award program to recognize the professional talents of its members. The Infinity Publishing-IFWTWA Awards were made possible by the generous sponsorship of Infinity Publishing. Any IFWTWA member who attended an IFWTWA Media Trip in 2011 or 2012 and published an article (print or online), blog post or photograph was eligible to submit an entry. Members sent in 24 entries, half of which were from board members.
Note: There were no photography entries, so funds allocated for the photography prize were used as a 4th Place Award in the Published Article (Print or Online) category.
Winners and links to their winning entries are listed below. Congratulations to the winners, and much thanks to every IFWTWA member who submitted an entry.
- 1st Place, Published Article (Print or Online): $700 prize to Marc d’Entremont for his Examiner.com story, “Fairhaven’s American Story as Told by the Good Time Girls,” from the 2012 Bellingham Media Trip. http://www.examiner.com/article/fairhaven-s-american-story-as-told-by-the-good-time-girls
- 2nd Place, Published Article (Print or Online): $500 prize to Michelle Winner for her story in The Epoch Times, “The $750 Decadence d’Or Cupcake,” from the 2012 Las Vegas Annual Conference. http://epoch-archive.com/a1/en/us/nyc/2012/03-Mar/30/B07_EET20120330-NY-US.pdf
- 3rd Place, Published Article (Print or Online): $300 prize to Sandra Chambers for her story in Suite101.com, “Unique Arizona Farm Tours,” from the Phoenix Media Trip. http://suite101.com/article/unique-phoenix-az-farm-tours-a399605
- 4th Place, Published Article (Print or Online): $250 prize to Norman Hill for his story in BusinessInsider.com, “The Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa—A Historical Icon Flourishing with Time,” from the Phoenix Media Trip. http://www.businessinsider.com/the-arizona-biltmore-resort-and-spaa-historical-icon-flourishing-with-time-2011-12
- Blog Entry Winner: $250 prize to Maralyn Hill for her blog post on whereandwhatintheworld.com, “Grace’s Table Iron Skillet Corn Bread and Lavender Honey Butter,” from the Napa Media Trip. http://blog.whereandwhatintheworld.com/2012/06/graces-table-iron-skillet-corn-bread-and-lavender-honey-butter.html