Hole in the Wall tour Returns by Popular Demand
This 1.5 day tour is packed to the brim with Richmond’s tastiest hole-in-the-wall eateries. From succulent Chinese barbecue meats to the freshest sushi and sashimi available, you’ll definitely want to bring your appetites! Some highlights include:
- Hand-pulled noodles at Xi’An Cuisine at the Richmond Public Market food court
- The tastiest, most succulent Chinese barbecued meats at HK BBQ Master
- Fresh hand-made sushi, sashimi and nigiri at Sushi Hachi
Because the seating area of each restaurant is quite limited, we will be running two concurrent groups of four media plus one guide for this tour.
Who: Up to 4 IFWTWA journalists
When: Proposed date is Tuesday, July 5 to Thursday, July 7 – subject to change
Where: Richmond, British Columbia, Canada’s west coast, just south of Vancouver
Host: Tourism Richmond. Hosts will cover accommodations, transportation, two meals per day (lunch and dinner), tips and visits to attractions. Mileage can be covered for those driving up from Washington State in the form of a $100 CAD gas card. Flight sponsorship is also possible – fill out the registration form accordingly.
Apply by: June 5, 2016 with confirmed assignments (see “Criteria to apply” below for target market criteria).
Acceptance: Applicants will be chosen by mid-June.
Criteria to apply: At least 1 story produced per IFWTWA writer on the trip. Prefer markets closer to west coast, including BC, Alberta, Washington State, Oregon, Northern California including San Francisco and LA. Will consider writers from UK and Germany on a case-by-case basis. Would love to have host hotel mentioned in their story, if appropriate.
The Fine Print
BY submitting this form you agree that you have READ and UNDERSTAND the following conditions and AGREE to comply with them:
• The hosts will review the applications and select those to be approved. Only Regular members may apply.
• Registration Fee is $125. Once you are notified of acceptance, you will be provided with a link to PayPal to pay the non-refundable registration fee and accept within five days or your spot will go to an alternate.
• Once approved and payment received, we will advise on how to proceed.
• Guests are not allowed on this trip due to the host’s budget. Please do not ask. If the host makes an exception, you will be advised.
• You acknowledge that you have read IFWTWA’s General Code of Conduct. We take the reputation and credibility of our Association very seriously. By maintaining a high standard, affiliation with IFWTWA benefits our members by opening doors and creating opportunities.
• You acknowledge that you have read IFWTWA’s Event and Media Trip Code of Conduct. We expect all members to comport themselves in a professional manner, most importantly when they are attending a media trip, or in any situation or context in which a member is representing IFWTWA.
• You agree to send the hosts and email@example.com the URL (link) for all articles published.
• You agree to publish according to your confirmed assignment/s on your application (at least one and hopefully more article/s) WITHIN nine (9) months. The IFWTWA Media Trip Results blog provides testimonials from hosts, as well as links to the stories, interviews, videos, etc. That enables hosts, as well as prospective destinations, to see that we provide a return on investment.
• Any photographs you are included in may be used by IFWTWA in writing about the trip.
• To help hosts determine who to accept to attend the trip, they are provided with links to each applicant’s online profile. BE SURE yours is up to date, as it is your chance to sell yourself.
• By submitting your application, you acknowledge that there are risks associated with travel, and you assume FULL RESPONSIBILITY for yourself for food allergies, illness, bodily injury, death, damage or loss of personal property, and trip interruption expenses, which may result from your participation in the Media Trip, from the time of your departure until arrival home. Furthermore, you indemnify IFWTWA, its officers, directors, executive/administrative director, consultants, contractors and hosts against all claims for damages and agree that a refund of your registration fee shall be accepted as liquidated damages for any action against them, individually and severally, arising out of any aspect of your participation in the press trip.
• Any personal expenses incurred on the trip will be charged, when checking out of the hotel, to the individual’s credit card who incurred the expense/s.