On behalf of the Association of Municipalities around the Corinthian Gulf in northern Greece, IFWTWA has been invited on a press trip combining unique landscapes, tradition, gastronomy, wineries, and a rich history.
Daily excursions will take place from three to four locations around the Riviera, which will include amazing coastal areas with beautiful beaches, mountain areas, traditional settlements, mediaeval castles, picturesque old churches, historical sites and monuments, hiking, gastronomical experiences, visits to vineyards and local products. The final agenda is still being arranged.
Who: Up to 5 IFWTWA journalists. No ambulatory special needs can be accommodated.
When: September 20-28, 2016 (8 nights). Participants must arrive in Athens by September 19, 2016, no exceptions.
Where: Northern Greece: Corinthian Riviera
Host: Hosts will cover good quality accommodations with Wi-Fi, all ground transportation, lunch and dinner each day (breakfast comes with the hotels), tours, excursions and transfer to and from Athens. Not covered is airfare to and from Athens. Tips totaling $15/day should be on hand, which should cover meals and housekeeping. Participants are asked to carry travel insurance. You must arrive in Athens by September 19. Dinner on September 19 has been arranged for the group, and arrangements for gratis or media rate accommodations for the night of the 19th in Athens, in return for a mention in an article, are being looking into.
Apply by: June 20, 2016. (see “Criteria to apply” below for target market criteria).
Acceptance: Applicants will be chosen by the end of June.
Criteria to apply: Social media should be minimum 20,000 total, combining Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. Each participant is required to have five articles published, including one general article about the Corinthian Riviera Tour mentioning the destinations, plus one article per destination where participants stay. Target markets for publishing are the US and UK, but worldwide publications will also be considered.
The Fine Print
BY submitting this form you agree that you have READ and UNDERSTAND the following conditions and AGREE to comply with them:
- The hosts will review the applications and select those to be approved. Only Regular members may apply.
- Registration Fee is $200. Once you are notified of acceptance, you will be provided with a link to PayPal to pay the non-refundable registration fee and accept within five days or your spot will go to an alternate.
- Once approved and payment received, we will advise on how to proceed.
- Guests are not allowed on this trip due to the host’s budget. Please do not ask. If the host makes an exception, you will be advised.
- You acknowledge that you have read IFWTWA’s General Code of Conduct. We take the reputation and credibility of our Association very seriously. By maintaining a high standard, affiliation with IFWTWA benefits our members by opening doors and creating opportunities.
- You acknowledge that you have read IFWTWA’s Event and Media Trip Code of Conduct. We expect all members to comport themselves in a professional manner, most importantly when they are attending a media trip, or in any situation or context in which a member is representing IFWTWA.
- You agree to send the hosts and email@example.com the URL (link) for all articles published.
- You agree to publish according to your confirmed assignment/s on your application (in this case five (5) articles) WITHIN nine (9) months. The IFWTWA Media Trip Results blog provides testimonials from hosts, as well as links to the stories, interviews, videos, etc. That enables hosts, as well as prospective destinations, to see that we provide a return on investment.
- Any photographs you are included in may be used by IFWTWA in writing about the trip.
- To help hosts determine who to accept to attend the trip, they are provided with links to each applicant’s online profile. BE SURE yours is up to date, as it is your chance to sell yourself.
- By submitting your application, you acknowledge that there are risks associated with travel, and you assume FULL RESPONSIBILITY for yourself for food allergies, illness, bodily injury, death, damage or loss of personal property, and trip interruption expenses, which may result from your participation in the Media Trip, from the time of your departure until arrival home. Furthermore, you indemnify IFWTWA, its officers, directors, executive/administrative director, consultants, contractors and hosts against all claims for damages and agree that a refund of your registration fee shall be accepted as liquidated damages for any action against them, individually and severally, arising out of any aspect of your participation in the press trip.
- Any personal expenses incurred on the trip will be charged, when checking out of the hotel, to the individual’s credit card who incurred the expense/s.