Did you know that there are more than 20 different types of dumplings? Discover the different types of dumplings that Richmond city has to offer in this one-and-a-half-day tour.
Some highlights include:
- Spicy wontons at Xi’an Cuisine
- Xiao long bao (soup dumplings) at Suhang Restaurant
- Korean mandu at Samsoonie
Who: At least five IFWTWA journalists, eight maximum.
When: Monday March 13 to Wednesday, March 15, 2017. Media should plan to arrive by Monday, March 13 at 15:00 PST. The tour will end on Tuesday night, with Wednesday reserved for a travel day home.
Where: Richmond, British Columbia, Canada’s west coast, just south of Vancouver
Host: Tourism Richmond. All accommodations, pre-planned meals and activities will be covered by Tourism Richmond. Guests will be responsible for incidentals incurred during their stay at a Richmond hotel. Airfare sponsorship is possible from either Tourism Richmond or Destination BC. Each media member will be vetted on a case-by-case basis by Tourism Richmond for air sponsorship considerations. For writers driving from Seattle or Portland, compensation for mileage may come in the form of a $100 Visa gift card or a $100 gas card to Petro Canada.
Criteria to apply: The ideal writer for this FAM tour:
- Must be interested in food tourism
- Must be located in the Pacific Northwest or nearby markets.
- Preferred markets include:
- Seattle and surrounding areas
- Portland and surrounding areas
- California, including:
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Los Angeles
- Canadian markets include:
- Toronto and surrounding areas
- Vancouver Island (Victoria preferred)
Apply by: Tuesday February 21, 2017. It’s tight!
Acceptance: Tourism Richmond will select the final participants by March 1, 2017.You do not have permission to view this form.