Jordan is an extraordinary destination. IFWTWA has been invited again by Jordan Tourism Board North America (JTBNA) on a Culinary and Cultural Tour of Jordan, this time in October. Applications are now being accepted for this press tour, which will allow us to experience the history, the land and the hospitality of Jordan’s people.
Who: 10, maximum 15 IFWTWA journalists.
A companion is not eligible to participate in this JTBNA Press trip unless s/he is a credentialed IFWTWA writer/blogger; has a separate assignment; and is accepted based on a separate media application form.
When: October 12-22, 2017
Host: Jordan Tourist Board North America
What: Itinerary highlights include:
- The vibrant city life of Amman
- Experiencing Bedouin hospitality at its best
- Authentic culinary delights & cooking experiences
- Hopefully a wine tour & tasting
- Visits to the rose-red rock city of Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and Wadi Rum, the desert T.E. Lawrence called “vast, echoing and God-like.”
- The Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth and the world’s largest open-air spa
- Visits to several holy sites, including Mount Nebo and Madaba
- Much more…
See last year’s IFWTWA/Jordan results page here: http://ifwtwa.org/2016/05/jordan-trip-lifetime.html
JTBNA will provide round-trip travel on Royal Jordanian Airlines (RJ) to Jordan from one of its North American gateway airports (JFK-New York/ORD-Chicago/YUL-Montreal); a certified JTB guide for the duration of the tour; special briefing opportunities; accommodation; ground transportation; internet; meals and park entrance fees throughout the tour.
*Journalists are responsible for their domestic travel to/from the gateway airport, tips and incidentals, alcoholic beverages and all personal expenditures (such as luggage fees, telephone and fax use, souvenirs, spa treatments, horse/donkey/carriage in Petra, camel rides, laundry, mini bar, room service, ballooning in Wadi Rum, activities not included in the itinerary) throughout the tour. The typical total cost of tips/incidentals for the entire tour is roughly US$175-US$200 per person, which will be collected up front by the IFWTWA group leader and distributed accordingly.
*JTBNA is not responsible for missed flights due to delays including any costs incurred by or during the delay. JTBNA will create the itinerary for the press trip, however itineraries are subject to change. JTBNA is not liable for incidents that happen while traveling in Jordan that are beyond the control of and are not as a direct result of any action or negligence of the JTB/JTBNA or its partners. Journalists are encouraged to obtain travelers insurance against any risk associated with their trip to Jordan.
Those interested should apply by July 15, 2017 with confirmed assignments. Applicants will be chosen by July 31.
Criteria to apply:
- You have an agreement with the media on publishing editorial content on Jordan in Canadian and/or USA publications
- If you are a freelancer, you have a letter of assignment from an editor (whether online or in print)
- At least one article will be published within 9 months, the balance of promised publishings by 12 months.
- You are able to walk easily for extended periods, which is required at some of the archeological sites
- Your passport does not expire within six months from the date of travel