May 9-11, 2018
An adventure which begins at the most popular state park in Washington and ends at one of the most undiscovered islands in the Salish Sea. Lodgings range from a rustic cabin to a seaside inn and spa. Authentic experiences include a beach cookout, zipping through a forest, and meeting a local coffee roaster, winemaker, chefs, farmers and more.
- This media trip is fully hosted, including all meals, lodging, activities, tastings, and transportation.
- Only IFWTWA regular members registered for the 2018 IFWTWA Conference may apply to attend this media trip.
- There is no media trip registration fee.
DAY ONE | May 9, 2018 | Depart Whidbey Island – Arrive on Camano Island
- Depart the Coachman Inn & Suites
- Travel to Deception Pass State Park and Bridge. Tour the most visited state park in Washington State, with its iconic bridge. Photo ops with spectacular views of the bridge and park, including a tree climbing demonstration by the new canopy climbing outfitters, AdventureTerra
- Travel via the bridge across Fidalgo Island and on back country roads through parts of picturesque Skagit County’s tulip fields and rural Snohomish County
- Arrive on Camano Island
- Lunch at Local Brewery
- Travel to Cama Beach State Park and settle into private waterfront cabins – rustic lodgings at this historic 1930’s fishing resort turned state park
- Enjoy quiet time, walk the beach and miles of hiking trails, visit the historic old store and tour the Center for Wooden Boats, as well as neighboring Camano State Park with our Park Ranger
- Beach cookout at sunset on location, catered by the Cama Cafe at the Cama Center
- Enjoy the lapping water and starry skies in your waterfront cabin
DAY TWO | May 10, 2018 | Camano Island
- Breakfast at the Cama Cafe at the Cama Center
- Travel the island to Terry’s Corner
- Private tasting and tour at the Camano Island Coffee Roasters world headquarters
- Travel to historic Kristoferson Farm for sample zipline and tour of 5th generation farm and forest, home of Canopy Tours NW
- Enjoy Farm to Table Lunch Featuring Local Producers, Artists and Wellness Experts including wine tasting with award-winning local wines from Dusty Cellars
- Tour Matzge Sculpture Park, a 3,000 square foot gallery with 10 acres of Northwest forest and fauna, offering 75 three-dimensional works of international significance in a natural setting
- Check into Camano Island Inn and Spa for overnight lodging
- Downtime at private waterfront rooms, spa, and private beach
- Chef’s Dinner at Camano Island Inn and Spa
DAY THREE | May 11, 2018 | Camano Island to Sea-Tac Airport or Airport Hotel
- Breakfast at the Camano Island Inn
- Shuttle departs for Sea-Tac Airport at agreed time by the group for afternoon and evening flights
- Overnight lodging will be provided at Sea-Tac Airport area hotel for those whose travel plans dictate this.
There is a train and taxis which service between Sea-Tac and the Seattle area for those who wish to explore Seattle on their own. Our dedicated Sea-Tac Airport area hotel will provide free shuttle to the airport in the morning (must be pre-arranged).
Application for Camano Island, WA Media Trip (Deadline 3/1):You do not have permission to view this form.