May 9-11, 2018
Watch for bald eagles and listen for the spouts of orca whales as your ferry glides to the San Juan Islands. Discover why the Islands are called The Gourmet Archipelago by Lonely Planet. Dine or stay on the waterfront and sample the imaginative creations of Orcas Island’s award-winning chefs. Take in an Island Hoppin’ brewery tour and sample tide-to-table oysters at Buck Bay Shellfish Farm, chased with prize-winning organic white wines from Lopez Vineyards. In the quaint village of Eastsound, try heritage preserves at Girl Meets Dirt and artisan chocolates infused with local flavors at Kathryn Taylor Chocolates. Take in the spectacular view from Mount Constitution in Moran State Park, and visit the historic Moran Mansion at Rosario Resort & Spa.
Find story ideas here.
- Transportation to Orcas Island for the post-conference tour provided from Whidbey Island conference on May 9.
- Airporter Shuttle costs from Orcas Island to SeaTac airport for the post-conference will be paid by the San Juan Islands Visitors Bureau.
- This media trip is fully hosted, including all meals, lodging, activities, tastings, and transportation.
- Only IFWTWA regular members registered for the 2018 IFWTWA Conference may apply to attend this media trip.
- There is no media trip registration fee.
- Applicants must indicate whether they are applying to attend the pre-conference San Juan Island Media Trip, the post-conference Orcas Island Media Trip, or both.
Application for Orcas Island, WA Media Trip (Deadline 3/1):You do not have permission to view this form.