May 4-6, 2018
Watch for bald eagles and listen for the spouts of orca whales as your ferry glides to the San Juan Islands. Discover why the Islands are called The Gourmet Archipelago by Lonely Planet. Dine or stay on the waterfront and learn the secrets of award-winning chefs. Attend the San Juan Island Farmers Market, take a distillery tour and sample tide-to-table oysters at Westcott Bay Shellfish Company’s farm, chased with prize-winning white wines from San Juan Vineyards. Stoll the picturesque waterfront village of Friday Harbor, with shops, galleries and museums all within one square mile. Visit the 99-year-old Lighthouse at Lime Kiln Point State Park (aka Whale Watch Park). Find out about the peaceful resolution of conflict during the “Pig War” at the San Juan Island National Historical Park.
Find story ideas here:
This media trip is fully hosted, including all meals, lodging, activities, tastings, and transportation.
- After the pre-conference tour on San Juan Island, transportation to the Whidbey Island conference will be provided on May 6.
- Airporter Shuttle costs to San Juan Island from SeaTac airport for the pre-conference Media Trip will be paid by the San Juan Islands Visitors Bureau.
- This media trip is fully hosted, including all meals, lodging, activities, tastings, and transportation.
- Only IFWTWA regular members registered for the 2018 IFWTWA Conference may apply to attend this media trip.
- There is no media trip registration fee.
- Applicants must indicate whether they are applying to attend the pre-conference San Juan Island Media Trip, the post-conference Orcas Island Media Trip, or both.
Application for San Juan Islands Media Trip CLOSED